Friday, February 22, 2013
Saturday, February 16, 2013
How can business adapt to the changing landscape of marketing?
1. Invest in social media. It is as simple as that. However, unlike the traditional way of marketing pre-social media marketing period, they need to learn to humanize their brand name instead of blatantly marketing their products and services with sales pitches with the social media network contacts. This will only drive them away from gaining trust from prospects because people on social networks engage with people they trust and nobody likes feeling violated with sales pitches especially if that person is a stranger.
Social media marketing has to be done slowly and by humanizing the brand name, this means you need to add personal touch to your company first. Stop tweeting or posting status messages like a robot because nobody likes that and instead of gaining friends or followers, they will block you and shut you out even before setting foot on their doorsteps.
2. Listen to what people are talking about. Rather than straightforwardly mentioning a brand name, don't turn people off by outwardly selling a brand. Listen to what people are saying first and know what your target market wants, what they need, and how they want products and services to treat them. Establishing rapport is essential in social media marketing because a business has to gain trust first within a social network before even selling the product to them. By gaining their trust, they might even be the ones to ask questions first.
3. Humanize your brand. By putting a face to your brand, for example, speaking like a normal person would rather than preparing a corporate formal sales pitch, you gain the trust of prospects on social media networks by sending out the message that you are a person too.
4. Engage in social media network(s) activities. Aside from listening, be involved and create content-- photos, blog posts, articles, and videos that are entertaining, share-worthy, knowledgeable, and something worth sharing. People are looking for more interactive experiences online that entertains as well as educates and businesses can create such content to engage prospects and current customers to their brand.
5. Adapt, adapt, and adapt. The fundamental shift in communication in the world of marketing is ever-changing and a businesses needs to learn to adapt if it wants to tap into the endless possibilities of social media marketing. Their approach must be fresh, engaging, and user-friendly. Their content and the information they share must be easily accessed through different channels.
Even the big brands of today are enjoying the benefits of investing in social media marketing. A lot of companies are already online and these smart brands know that engaging in the social networking culture can have great rewards if only one knows how to utilize it.
Monday, January 28, 2013
I love my new job, my new office, and the new boss. The office is quirky with pristine white walls, comfy chairs, and a comfortable work conducive environment. We jave big windows too that lets in a lot of light, which is very important because low lighting can make one feel very sleepy and just groggy, in general.
So far I am into my second week on the job and loving it so far. I'm just still adjusting to the exhaustion from being at work the whole day and it doesn't help that it's hard to wake up because of the cold weather these days.
I am hoping that I will do well on this job because I like it here. Blessed!
Monday, January 21, 2013
I've lived three years of my high school life here before. My family moved here when I was thirteen because my late father worked for the Philippine Embassy back then. His post brought us here and I spent three years as a teenager in Abu Dhabi. Now I am back as an adult, married to my husband and my high school sweetheart, and we are both expats here now. Funny where life took us-- back home to Manila and then reunited us in this city again.
My husband works onsite a few hours from Abu Dhabi and I work as a Social Media Specialist in the city. We're newlyweds preparing for our church wedding this November. In between work and wedding planning, I am still trying to enjoy life as it goes along without stressing too much.
Welcome to my blog!